(207) 474-9576
(207) 369-0171
(207) 778-9862
Livermore Falls
(207) 897-3602

Commercial & Business Insurance


Commercial Umbrella – should be purchased to protect against catastrophic liability claims.


Obtain Certificates of Insurance – when hiring subcontractors you should receive a certificate of insurance showing they have general liability, commercial auto and workers' compensation.


Business Income & Extra Expense – coverage to help you with lost income and additional expenses when you suffer a covered loss.   


Workers' Compensation – if you have employees you must carry workers' compensation.  You may carry coverage on yourself.  It is recommended that you check with the State of Maine and the Workers’ Compensation Board for the law requirements.  Some industries are exempt from this requirement.


Replacement cost on buildings and business personal property – it is a good idea to have replacement cost on your building and business personal property in order for the company to pay you for todays prices to replace.


Ordinance and Law coverage – in the event of a loss, town or city codes may require rebuilding to new code specifications.  These costs are typically not covered on a basic property policy.  Ex: Federal Disability Act.


Other Coverages:  Refrigeration/spoilage, hired & non-owned auto liability, equipment breakdown, glass, signs, property of others, equipment off premises, employee dishonesty, money & securities.